The Greenest Way to SeaTac and Beyond
|Motorcoach travel is the single most fuel-efficient mode of transportation available in the U.S., according to a 2006 study* and seconded by the White House Conference on Global Climate Change.|
Green Travel Facts
- Motorcoaches provide 184 passenger miles per gallon (pmpg), compared with trains (86 pmpg), planes (42 pmpg), transit buses (32 pmpg), and single passenger automobiles (28 pmpg).
- Motorcoaches produce carbon emissions of only 56 grams per passenger, compared to 371 grams for a passenger car.
- Motorcoaches use 946 BTUs per passenger mile, compared to 3,890 for planes and 2,134 for trains.
- Motorcoaches emit the least carbon dioxide per passenger mile when compared to other vehicles. Carbon dioxide emissions are reduced by an average of 85% per passenger mile for every person who chooses motorcoach travel instead of driving alone.
At Airporter Shuttle alone, we’ve taken over a million cars (and counting) off the roads, and saved over 3 million gallons of gas. We run our fleet on low-sulfur diesel fuel. Our rigorous maintenance schedule keeps our vehicles in top running condition, and we recycle nearly everything we use, including oil, fuel, batteries, filters, antifreeze and scrap metal.
“More Americans are choosing motorcoach travel as congestion worsens, delays and hassles become more prevalent, and environmental stewardship is top of mind.”
- Peter J. Pantuso, CEO, American Bus Association
"The expanded use of motor coaches in group transportation can help reduce overall carbon emissions and lessen our dependence on fossil fuel."
- Patricia Ziska, Vice President, Motor Coach Industries
For more information regarding motorcoach travel, visit the American Bus Association website.
* "2006 Annual Report: Impacts of the Motorcoach Industry on Society and the Economy," produced by Nathan Associates